Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

One Year Anniversary of my Blog


I started this blog last year with the same picture and congratulating myself for finally getting myself to write. It is almost one year anniversary of my blog. I remember when I started this blog last year, I was trying to somehow find a way to express my thoughts and feelings. I started this blog to show that there is still a light at the end of the tunnel. I was trying to declare that there is still some sanity left in this world. Or at least I think it is sanity. I could be very wrong because the standards changes based on society’s opinion of what is right or wrong. I started this blog in a way to find an inner-peace by writing about what is going on in my life or around the world. Last year, my life was a lot different. Well, a year has passed and I still haven’t discovered the inner peace I was searching for. As a matter of fact, I am becoming very displeased with politics as time goes by. Iraq is a mess, Palestinians are divided and that means no chance for peace, Lebanon is divided and there is no proof that soldiers will be home anytime soon, and many other depressing news of Iran. It is as if I don’t want to read the news anymore and I am trying to distance myself from politics.

Even though I am very displeased with what is going on around the world and I absolutely see no hope for humanity or political sanity, this blog will continue. I think this blog is in some certain way a relaxation tool. I escape from the harsh world of law school to write about my thoughts in here. Here are some of the facts about my blog in the past year:

I have received about Sixteen thousand hits from December of last year until today which July 22nd which is not that high. The data for prior time is not available because I hadn’t set up the web counter. Most of the readers are from North America; however there are also many readers from different region mainly Europe and South America.

I have written about 50 posts; some have been video clips with my own comments, video clips without comments, or just articles. Most of the articles have been about Israel and Middle East politics. However, there has been couple of article about Iran and one article about our domestic justice system. For the month of September, I did not write anything because I had just started law school and I had no time for anything else. As it becomes apparent, December of last year I started writing more articles and that is simply because I was trying to take a break from law school finals. The months of April, May, and Jun have the highest number of posts in them.

This blog also went through two major makeovers. I am still not happy with this template but it is the most organized version available. So I am going to stick to it for a while. I have recently added two video categories that are “Comedy” and “Movies”; I will update them in near future.

Well, I can’t believe one year has passed.

No comments: