Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

My Favorit Clip



It is been a while since I have posted a video. I didn't want to post anything depressing especially with what's going on in Virginia Tech and also my finals and a lot of other stuff. So, I decided to post my favorit clip. It is a nice and motivating song.

This is an amazing clip because these are extremely powerful generals, yet they look very simple and very down to earth. Look at how simple their lives are compare to Arab countries' generals. At the same time, I don't understand why the commander of my Brigade is a women? One of these guys is a total nerd.

For those who don't know what this song is about, it's about Moshe Yalon. He is (was) chief of staff of Israeli Defense Forces. He looks like a nerd too! I love this clip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't understand why the commander of my Brigade is a women?"
What is that supposed to mean, are you being sexist? You just know someone is going to criticize you for that comment!

Ben Kahen, ESQ. said...

Ok, No, but majority of my Units were men! Plus, only 5% of female or even less than that serve in Combat. In order to become a general of a whole army, you have to have a combat experience. Therefore it is very unlikely for a female to reach the general position.

Anonymous said...

The following quotes are not from some random extremist within Israeli society nor are they from a unrepresentative dictator of a country. They are the founding principles of the Israeli state put forth by its founding leader (w the exception of the last one).
"We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population."
- David Ben Gurion, Founder of Israel
"We must do everything to ensure they [the Palestinian refugees] never do return"
- David Ben Gurion, Founder of Israel
"If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" -David Ben Gurion, Founder of Israel
"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."
- Moshe Dayan, address to the Technion, Haifa, reported in Haaretz, 1969