Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Exceptional Movie Quotes

I am tired of writing about politics. Therefore I decided to shift focus on something different. In our today's hectic society, people to entertainment to escape reality. One of the most popular form of entertainment is movies. I have included a list of movie quotes that I find interesting. We all live colorful lives and due to nature of our unpredictable lives, these quotes might make a lot of sense. Sometimes these quotes are the best description of our political arena both in terms of domestic politics and global affairs. Here are my favorite ones:

He will bring them death, and they will love him for it-Gladiators

I don't pretend to be a man of the people. But I do try to be a man for the people-Gladiators

Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back-Gladiators

Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.
Maximus Decimus Meridius: Would you, Quintus? Would I?-Gladiators

Listen to me. Learn from me. I was not the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom-Gladiators

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns-G-d Father

I believe in America. America has made my fortune-G-d Father

Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man-G-d Father

You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your son back to you? Or my boy to me?-G-d Father

We are supposed to be righteous. That's a beautiful thing. And we're losing it. If I lose that, that's everything. That's my soul-Munich
Every civilization finds it necessary to negotiate compromises with its own values-Munich (Golda Meir)

Don't fuck with the Jews-Munich

Too big for a good cook. That was my problem too! I had been a master, but I have thick, stupid butcher's hands just like yours. Oh, we are tragic men. Butcher's hands, gentle souls-Munich

Forget peace for now. We have to show them we're strong-Munich

[on building the state of Israel] We had to take it, because no one would ever give it to us-Munich

[interrupting a rambling explanation from Carl] Stop... chasing the mice inside your skull-Munich

[to Avner] I knew guys like you in the army. You do any terrifying thing you're asked to do, but you have to do it running. You think you can outrun your fears, your doubts. The only thing that really scares you guys is stillness-Munich

We inhabit a world of intersecting secrecies, living and dying at the places where these secrecies meet. This is what we accept. Hmmm?-Munich

We can locate almost anyone for anyone anywhere, and we are ideologically promiscuous. We love everybody; we hate everybody. I get my feelings confused-Munich

No comments: